Thursday, April 9, 2020

Davey Lane - Under The Covers

Impossible to find 2014 self-released CDR covers album by Davey Lane. This took me 5,000 years to chase down. It's obviously an album of cover versions but it was Todd Rundgren's song 'International Feel" (from 'A Wizard, A True Star' - absolute classic) that started the chase. I'm a big fan of Todd.

When I finally got this CD (in Melbourne - Rock Steady Records) I was a bit pissed off - it didn't play on my CD player. With much persistence and about 6 different CDR drives, I was able to extract the sound files and convert to mp3. Hooray. Now you can reap the benefits. It would be an absolute shame for this to disappear.

Dave plays a big role in Aussie music as a solo artist (get his albums - all of 'em - you won't be disappointed), The Pictures, You Am I, Charles Jenkins and the Zhivagos, Crowded House, Jimmy Barnes, The Wrights, The Stems etc. I've probably missed something !!

He also did a live Bowie covers series of concerts and The Beatles 'Abbey Road' album live tour. On this release he covers songs mainly from The Beatles and Nick Lowe. But you will also find a track by The Mighty Boosh, Bowie/Queen ('Under Pressure'), XTC, You Am I and The Rutles.

Phew ...

Download Album



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your persistence in hunting for this CD-R and ripping it to be shared. Great tracklist, looking forward to hearing it!

    ReplyDelete