Thursday, June 14, 2018

The Elks - Refer To Drawer

The Elks are a blues band that hailed from Perth.  I remember seeing them so many times and always in awe.  They were sensational when supporting BB King in the mid 70's (this album - their only - came out in 1978).  It was produced by Matt Taylor (from Chain) and recorded in Fremantle.  Wilbur Wilde, Joe Camilleri & Helen Matthews guested but it was all about the band.  They were so darn tight.  Terry Serio was on lead vocals and also had a starring role in the Aussie movie 'Running on Empty'.  In my collection, I also have a CeeDee 'Live 1977' (recorded at RMIT, Melbourne).  No idea how easy it is now to get (only 500 were made) but if you want a copy, I can also blog it.

Download Album

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Dad was the drummer in The Elks, Reg Zar. We lost him this week. My sisters and I would love a copy of the live set from '77 if you don't mind uploading. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can do that. Will email you once I have uploaded this album.

    ReplyDelete